Sunday 4 February 2018

Music, Dance, and Drama 2018

Hello everyone, and welcome to 2018.

The Arts, in particular Music, Dance, and Drama will now be ministered in the afternoons a Linwood North by me, Mrs Bobbie Mackie. Individual Class Teachers will be released for an hour, and during that hour students will receive training and experience in Music, Dance and Drama over the course of the year.

My Background:
I have been at Linwood North School since last year and have taught mainly in room 4. This year I will teach in room 4 in the mornings, and in the afternoons I will teach in the rest of the school.
I started playing piano at the age of three, and at age 8 performed my first concert. I continued playing piano throughout my teenage years, and then went on to learn to play the Pipe Organ. Like most New Zealand kids I also learned to play the recorder. I have qualifications in both Royal Schools of Music and Trinity College of Music. I have accompanied and conducted many choirs over the years.

My extended family have been musicians, and my Grandfather was a maker of violins, ukulele, and guitars. My Mother played the violin and my Grandmother played the cello. My Father was an active member of the Christchurch Musical Society, and also sang as a tenor. I have also appeared on stage in numerous productions, including musical theatre and plays. I attended a University of Waikato programme for theatre, taking papers in Acting, Directing, and Lighting and Design. I have undertaken dance lessons, choreographed fashion shows, and organised large outdoor pageants that include Carols by Candle-light. I have also produced concerts for well known NZ Opera singers to raise money for charity. Mr Mackie and I met while I was on the administration for Hamilton Operatic Society, and we went on to perform together in our own band for many years. Although Mr Mackie continues to play in a band in his spare time, I have not performed live for several years so it is great to get back into music, dance and drama.

I am thrilled to be able to share my knowledge with the students at Linwood North School.
Each week I will share some part of our journey here on this blog.

Kind regards,

Bobbie Mackie

No comments:

Post a Comment